The theme for the production assignment will be “Artistic Mash-Up” focusing on art elements and principles of design. This production assignment will involve students infusing or “mashing” two or more concepts within the visual arts together to create a new innovative artwork.
Possible mash-ups can span different artists, time periods, media, and more! It will be up to the teacher and student to take the concept in an innovative direction.
Possible ideas include “mashing” of:
· different artists (different Masters, old and modern, etc.)
· different historic art genres
· different media and materials
· different arts areas (history, criticism, production, and aesthetics)
· different subject areas (Art and Math, Art and Science, etc.)
· different art careers
· different objects (natural vs. mechanical, real vs. mythical, etc.)
· and more!
All student ideas can be considered. All ideas that are questionable can be directed to the Visual Arts Supervisor for approval.
The final product must include:
1. The finished artwork
2. Artwork title
3. Artist statement (description of the Mash-up Concept and Elements/Principles used)
(See rubric for details)