The year ended on a bang as we created some amazing monochromatic self portraits. We looked at the style and artwork of Chuck Close and used his grid method on the photos that we had edited in Pixlr.com in order to create these!
Use today to update your weebly blog. I am attaching the end of year, blog checklist below. Be sure all your images are similar sizes, have titles and are properly cropped and rotated. Weebly blogs are due on Friday, May 20th!!!
If your blog is completely updated, work on your 1 paragraph artist statement for the SWAY online art show. (see directions from earlier blog post)
If all is completely updated, you may get your monochromatic self portrait to work on for the remainder of the period.
This is a reminder that sketchbook # 10 is due this Thursday. It is a bonus sketchbook and will replace your lowest sketchbook grade.
This sketchbook tells you to look at www.sketchbob.com to draw a response or get an idea, but since I made the sketchbooks, he has taken down his website. So instead, take a look at http://journalfodderjunkies.com and check out the journal pages under Eric or Dave. Or, you can go to http://journalfodderjunkies.blogspot.com and click on journal pages for ideas on how to build a visual journal 2-page spread.
You need to create an artist statement for your artwork for the VA Comp online art show. This will count as another SKETCHBOOK GRADE AND IS DUE BY THURSDAY, but don't wait that long.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OPENING UP THE LINK, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Login from the district’s main page www.cobbk12.org
2. Click on the Employees Tab
3. Click on the OFFICE 365 login link. (Enter your student login).
4. After you sign in with your network login, come back to this page and click the link (https://sway.com/jZrpevK1sdG4hVsG) and it allows access to edit.
If you STILL have problems, write your artist statement and send it to me in an email so I can copy and paste it by your artwork by THURSDAY.
The end of the year is approaching fast! Be sure you are updating your weebly blogs. This is a REQUIREMENT for high school credit and it will count as 2 major project grades.
Photos of projects you should have from this semester uploaded:
1. Scratchboard Self Portrait
2. Superhero Talisman
3. Mash up AND artist statement
4. Face Vessel
5. Monochromatic Self Portrait (when completed)
Photos of Altered Books you should have uploaded:
1. Cover (front and back)
14. Rhythm (bonus)
15. Emphasis (bonus)
Photos of Sketchbooks you should have uploaded:
1. Your choice of 7 sketchbooks from Semester 1.
2. Your choice of 7 sketchbooks from Semester 2.
Email me the answers to the following questions for up to 25 bonus points added to your sketchbook grade! firstname.lastname@example.org
You must email answers by Friday, May 6th to get the bonus points.
1. By mixing two of the following colors, which will result in a tertiary or intermediate color?
A. Yellow and blue
B. Red and green
C. Black and violet
D. Yellow and green
2. What variation of color would you get by mixing black and red?
C. A complementary color
3. What variation of color would you get by mixing white and red?
A. An analogous color
4. When neutralizing blue, which complementary color needs to be combined?
Silk- Interactive Art
Jackson Pollock (splatter painter)
Build Your Wild Self
The Color Test
Mrs. Denison has been teaching at Lost Mountain Middle School for 5 years.